You can create personal contact groups in Gmail. They work in email, calendar and Drive. Contact groups you create will only be visible to you. Contact groups are called labels.
It is easy to create a new contact group for example for project groups, teams or your closest colleagues. Contact groups makes it faster to share information, when you can type only the name of the contact group instead of all the recipients individually. This way you will also include everyone on the message and wont accidentally forget to share the information with one person.
Creating a contact group
- Start by typing a new email
- Add all the necessary addresses to the "To" -field and then click on the "To"
- A "Select contacts" window opens. Click on the "Manage labels" and then "Create label"
- Type in the new label and click Save
- You can now type the name of the label to the recipient field and all the addresses in the label will automatically get added as recipients. Labels also work in Google Calendar and Drive!
Edit contact group
You can edit the contact groups from contacts.google.com. Choose the label you want to edit from the left side of the page and edit away!
You can add contacts to labels by choosing them in the contacts list and clicking on the label icon from the top of the page. Then choose the label you want to add the contact to and click Apply.